Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Try Skype again

Ok, if you are reading this, you already use Skype. But in the off chance you don't, you should. I used it off and on a few years back and it was ok, but not amazing. Now, it's even better. The video chat between Windows and Mac worked flawlessly.

That has always been a challenge. Till now I was using iChat on the Mac and Trillian PRO(AIM) on Windows. Worked, but not well. It often dropped and I had to open a bunch of ports on my routers to make it work.

With Skype there was nothing to configure and it was totally free on both ends (As opposed to Trillian Pro which costs.) So, in case you haven't in a few months. Go get Skype (at Skype.com)

1 comment:

Tracy in America said...

Hi Jonathan...Haven't talked to you in 20 years I guess...but I'll comment on Skype. I used it all the time from Japan. I called my sister on Skype for free and used it to call friends on their phones cheap. I rarely had problems. My sis now has a Skype phone that's pretty cool. Since Paris is supposed to have WiFi access everywhere, I think I'll get one for when we move there (this fall).